International Men’s Day 2019: History, Importance, Theme, and Celebrations
History of International Men’s Day
It is a global event that is celebrated on 19th November every year. It was inaugurated on 7th February 1992 by Thomas Oaster wherein the project was conceived a year earlier on 8th February 1991. In 1991, the project again launched in Trinidad and Tobago. International Men’s Day is now celebrated in more than 80 countries all over the globe and strengthening men’s power.
People also search: Bhagat Singh Park – Peace In The Greens Sector 150 Noida
What does the current research tell about Men’s Scenario in the World?
- men have a suicide rate 3 times higher than women
- 1 in 3 men have been the victims of domestic violence
- men on average die 4-5 years before women
- men are nearly twice as likely to suffer from lung cancer than women
- men are nearly twice as likely to suffer from heart disease than women
What does International Men’s Day signify?
International Men’s Day signifies the importance of men in society and their contribution that leads to the development of the world. The sacrifices and progress that is being made by men is another valuing aspect that should be noticed. This day celebrates the positive value that a man brings in the world, their community, families and as an individual.
Trends in Property: Naye India Ka Naya Office – Bhutani Group #Youngistaan
Why is International Men’s Day important?
This day is an opportunity for everyone to appreciate and respect the men in their lives. For the good of society, the contribution of the men should be highlighted and considered. It is important to understand the need for men and boys and help them in taking care of their well-being and health. Men as humans too face health challenges that need to be noticed for the proper and full potential functioning of the communities.
OBJECTIVES OF INTERNATIONAL MEN’S DAY
- Promote gender relations and gender equality.
- To focus on discrimination against men in various areas.
- To achieve full potential and develop a better, safer world.
- Better men’s health and well being in terms of social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
- Promote positive male role models including working-class men who are honest and spend a decent life.
- To appreciate and notice men’s positive contributions, sacrifices towards society, community, family, marriage, childcare, and to the environment.
To make a better world and raise awareness of issues that men face globally, International Men’s Day is observed. It helps in making a positive difference and shines a spotlight on men.
So, we encourage and will appreciate you to wish everyone a “HAPPY INTERNATIONAL MEN’S DAY on 19 November.”